"Do you ever wonder why were here, Whats it all about you've no idea?"
Shrignold the Butterfly is the main antagonist in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 3 and a minor character in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6. Unlike the other teachers, he only sings to the Yellow Guy, which is who he teaches about love. He worships Malcolm, the king of love. His name is an anagram for "holds ring". He is also a member of The Love Cult.
AppearanceHe is a butterfly, with a turquoise face and a blue mouth. He has two black antennae on his head, with balls on the end. He wears three rings and he has polka dots near his arms. He wears black shoes and has yellow wings, which have shapes such as hearts, squiggly lines, stars, rhombus, and circles. He has a red heart on his chest and a unibrow when brainwashing Yellow Guy.
At first, Shrignold seems nice and friendly by talking about how love and frienship will make Yellow Guy happy, but soon he starts manipulating him telling him he is lonely and that no one cares about him, in order to make him join his cult. When he tries to brainwash Yellow Guy, he acts more unnerving and forces him to join the cult by tying him to a chair and changing his name.
- "Brainwashed" Yellow Guy into joining a cult.
- Unlike the other teachers, Shrignold has not met Red Guy and Duck Guy and he only met Yellow Guy.
- He is the only teacher not based in an inanimate object.
- He was commonly known to fans as Benny until he was given the official name Shrignold on Twitter by Becky Sloan.
- He is the only teacher who always talks calmly even when his goals are revealed, unlike many others who become angry when the puppets do something that upsets them.
- It is possible that the bloody caterpillar at the end of the episode is him, for they share the same size, head shape, and body.