"You need to knooow...what's right from wrooong."-Steak
The Healthy Band is a group of talking food related characters that sings about being healthy, from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 5. The members include a human-sized steak with a chef's hat (Steak), a can with leaves or some sort of vegetable sticking out, (Spinach Can), and a loaf of bread who drums on some cans (Bread Boy). Later on, a refrigerator (Fridge) also joins.
They are a band, but they aren't very good singers, and their song is more talking rather than singing. Their song says that foods that actually are healthy are unhealthy, and vice versa, and they contradict one another over what foods are good for you and what foods are bad and "will make your teeth go grey" (the running gag of this episode).
They become worried (mainly Steak and Spinach Can) when interrupted by the telephone ringing, though they themselves interrupt or ignore Duck Guy's questions. When Duck Guy tries to escape (perhaps after being warned by Red Guy on the phone), they have cans (Monster Cans) that eat Duck Guy's organs and put them into smaller cans, which is then fed to the Yellow Guy.
The Steak and Spinach Can briefly appear in Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6.
- Ignored or interrupted Duck Guy's arguable comments and prevented him from answering the phone calls made by Red Guy.
- Stated incorrect facts about several of food choices. For instance, the Healthy Band listed fruit salad as a fancy, unhealthy food. They also listed some foods, like aspic and bread, as plain, healthy food, which is not very tasteful.
- Sent Monster Cans to dismember Duck Guy's organs to feed Yellow Guy.
- The Healthy Band is so far the only group of teachers in the series who directly killed a main character; in this case, Duck Guy (though they use the Monster Cans to claim the victim).
- The Healthy Band is the only "teacher" to consist of more than one main teacher in this episode.
- The Bread is the only member of The Healthy Band who is not an antagonist or a villain.